Our busy team work hard behind the doors of our Hand on Heart studio in Cumbria, UK. From the moment you place your order to the minute it’s delivered in a beautiful package, we pride ourselves on our excellent customer service and efficient processes.
One of our most popular collections is our memorial jewellery, and especially the cremation ashes jewellery. Of course, we understand the nature of memorial jewellery is sensitive. Some customers may be worried about supplying the ashes of a loved one for the cremation jewellery. However, we would love to offer some reassurance that your precious ashes are in very safe and sympathetic hands, here at Hand on Heart.
We’d love to offer a peek behind the scenes of what happens to your jewellery – from the click of an order confirmation to delivery at your front door.
You browse our site of beautiful jewellery collections. Once you’ve decided on your perfect piece and added any necessary personalisation options, your order is confirmed.
We receive the order and create your jewellery in our studio. Production times vary depending on the piece. However, we strive to ensure our customers get their orders as soon as possible. Therefore, it may even be with you before you expect it!
We will let you know via email once your piece has been passed on to DPD for delivery.
DPD will contact you via email and text (if you have provided a mobile phone number when placing your order) the following working day to confirm your hours’ time slot for delivery.
You will be able to choose your delivery options. If you receive your delivery update and find that you won’t be home to sign for your parcel, there are a number of things you can do to make it easier for you to receive your order. You can use DPD’s website or DPD’s app to make the following changes:
- Deliver to a pickup shop. If you’d prefer to pick your parcel up from somewhere convenient for you, you can choose to have the parcel delivered to a DPD Pickup Store.
- Deliver to a neighbour. If you have a trusted neighbour you’d be comfortable with signing for your parcel until you arrive home, you can instruct your delivery driver to knock on their door.
- Deliver to a safe place. DPD can deliver anywhere you want, say the garden shed or an outdoor storage box. Your delivery driver will even take a photo of your parcel in its safe place, so you know exactly where it is.
- Change your delivery address. Maybe you’d prefer to get it delivered to a relative or your place of work? If so, you can easily change the delivery address to suit you.
- Change your delivery date. If the day your parcel is out for delivery isn’t the best day for you, you can delay it and choose the day which suits you best.
You can track the parcel to see its whereabouts. As you may know, if you’ve received a parcel from DPD previously, you can track the whereabouts of your delivery driver to see how far they are away from your address, and how long they are estimated to be.
DPD will deliver your parcel safely to your chosen location.
Enjoy your beautiful piece of Hand on Heart jewellery!
There was also some exciting news announced in February, which will improve the DPD delivery experience even further. The company has announced a partnership with the innovative addressing technology company, what3words, to enable deliveries to precise locations (read more here).
We work hard to ensure that the entire Hand on Heart ordering process is as smooth and efficient as possible. If there are any issues at all, you can contact our friendly customer service team on firstname.lastname@example.org or via live chat (Monday-Friday from 9am-5pm) and we will be able to assist.
We hope you enjoyed this post about the Hand on Heart process from design to delivery!