Pet pawprints are just like our fingerprints – they’re special because they’re a completely unique part of our pet’s identity. That’s precisely why it’s amazing to treasure them forever, as they serve as a lasting memory of our beloved pets.
Taking pawprints for pawprint jewellery couldn’t be easier. It could even be a lovely bonding experience for you and your pet (and they’ll love any excuse to earn a treat and a cuddle for good behaviour!) Once you’ve taken the pawprints, you’ll have them forever. You can keep them to create art, add them to a scrapbook or photo album, and of course, send them to us to create a piece of beautifully unique jewellery.
Our Pawprint Jewellery collection is incredibly popular and includes necklaces, bracelets, beads, cufflinks, and keyrings. We supply the pawprint kit free with every pawprint jewellery order. It contains one wipe sachet and one piece of A4 sensitised paper. The process of taking the prints should only take a couple of minutes, and full instructions are included with the kit, but we’ve put together a step-by-step guide to help you get the best prints possible.
- Firstly, choose a time when your pet is calm and relaxed. Maybe before bedtime if your pet is sleepy or after their walk when they’ve had their exercise for the day.
- Carefully trim any long hair around the paw pads to create a clearer print. This is especially important if they have particularly furry paws.
- Ensure their paws are clean and dry before taking the prints.
- Place the sensitised paper blank side up on a table or hard surface, such as a table, a hard floor or on top of a hardback book, to help avoid smudging.
- Open the sachet and unfold the wipe. Wipe over the paw several times, ensuring that all pads are covered.
- Either place the paw onto the sensitised paper or let your pet stand or walk on the paper.
- Count to three. One, two, three…
- Lift the paw away from the paper, and the print will appear in grey.
- Take as many prints as the paper has room for. The more, the better! And don’t worry about smudges; our expert designers will tidy this up for you (although bear in mind that the prints you see on the paper will be the image on the jewellery, so ensuring that all pads are visible will give the best results).
- Wash your pet’s paw with soap and water. This might be the perfect time to reward their good behaviour with a treat!
- You will see their pawprints with some lovely, unique details included – our expert designers will use this detail to create your jewellery!
Don’t forget, you can contact our friendly team at any time if you have questions or need any advice about pawprints.
Contact them via email email@example.com. If you’re not happy with any pawprints you take, additional kits are just £5 each on our website here.